Thursday, August 05, 2004

Religion Quiz

Earlier tonight, I took Beliefnet's Belief-O-Matic quiz.



Here's what Beliefnet says about their rankings:

Remember: The top score on the list below represents the faith that Belief-O-Matic, in its less than infinite wisdom, thinks most closely matches your beliefs. However, even a score of 100% does not mean that your views are all shared by this faith, or vice versa.
Belief-O-Matic then lists another 26 faiths in the order of how much they have in common with your professed beliefs. The higher a faith appears on this list, the more closely it aligns with your thinking.

These are my rankings.
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (94%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (91%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (89%)
5. New Thought (82%)
6. Liberal Quakers (80%)
7. Scientology (80%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (76%)
9. Reform Judaism (76%)
10. Hinduism (70%)
11. Jainism (70%)
12. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (65%)
13. Sikhism (64%)
14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (62%)
15. Secular Humanism (62%)
16. Taoism (58%)
17. Bahá'í Faith (57%)
18. Orthodox Judaism (50%)
19. Orthodox Quaker (48%)
20. Islam (40%)
21. Nontheist (32%)
22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (24%)
23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (23%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (17%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (14%)
26. Roman Catholic (14%)
27. Jehovah's Witness (13%)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, Shelley. I used to get alot of newsletters from Beliefnet, but cancelled as I had just too many things coming. I will head over there to take this quiz. I took a quiz similiar(it was supposed to be religious in nature) but it turned out to be very political & really ticked me off. I ended up being one of these univeral humanists or some such. They made me feel as if I should re-think my answers about abortion rights, welfare,immigration, stuff like that. Will TTYL. Nice site, BTW. (((hugs))) jan