Thursday, September 16, 2004

My Anthropology Project

I'm taking a course in Ethnographic research Methods this semester. As part of the course I have to do a research project including real fieldwork.

I've decided to research the way religion and dedication to religion affect the way a student deals with stress. While I know religious people are more likely to pray, I'm also curious if other things they do, like regular church attendance help with stress. I also want to know if they are as likely to use other coping mechanism that are common among students like drinking.

I'm also curious about the degree of stress that might arise from religion itself. Students are more likely to try religions or at least denominations different from the one they were raised in. They are also likely to do things they may have been taught were wrong like drinking alcohol and premarital sex.

Anyway, should be interesting research. More info to come.

No comments: