Sunday, September 19, 2004

Truth and the Sacred

I can tell when some things are true. They reveal powerful things about the Universe.

I recognize some things as sacred. They connect to the deepest parts of my soul and remind me that I am part of something so much larger than myself, my family, my city, my country, or even my planet. That I am part of all that is living in this Universe. That I, myself, am sacred as well. I am every bit as holy as the Sun and Moon and Stars above and the Earth beneath my feet.

Usually when I encounter truth it is something someone says to me or that I read in a book. When I encounter something sacred it can appear in so many forms. For me, the most common form is music. But there are days I see the sacred everywhere and I am truly grateful.

No comments: